Beginning April 16th – July 31st, our public hours will be from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Welcome to the Burleson County Appraisal District
Burleson County Appraisal District (BCAD) is responsible for appraising property for the purpose of ad valorem property tax assessment on behalf of the 11 local entities in Burleson County. The appraisal district is a political subdivision of the State of Texas. The district appraises property according to the Texas Property Tax Code and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices.
This website is for informational purposes only. Title research should be performed at the appropriate County Clerk’s office. This is not deemed a legal document.
We appraise for the following jurisdictions:
- Burleson County
- Caldwell Independent School District
- Somerville Independent School District
- Snook Independent School District
- City of Caldwell
- City of Somerville
- City of Snook
- Burleson County MUD #1
- Burleson Memorial Hospital District
- Beaver Creek Water District
The duties of the appraisal district include:
- The determination of market value of taxable property.
- The administration of exemptions and special valuations authorized by the local entities and the State of Texas.
Tax rates and ultimately the amount of taxes levied on property are determined by governing bodies of each of the taxing authories. Mineral, utility, and industrial accounts are appraised for the district by Pritchard & Abbott, Inc. in Houston, Texas. Real estate and personal property accounts are appraised locally by the district.
Caldwell, TX 77836